Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Tell Me A Story

Today we told stories using these cards:  
 

It is a great pre-reading activity, and the kids really enjoyed it. 
We did it several times today.
First they picked out the cards they wanted to use and thought of a story to tell.


These are the cards Malachi chose:


His story was about a squirrel who stole Banana Pants' ring and then the policeman Owl came and squooshed him and put him in jail.  Karis' stories aren't as easy to retell, and have lots of made up words.

They both recorded their stories on tape and were able to listen to their work!


Asher just wanted to push the buttons on the tape recorder.

Later in the day, Karis wanted to trace her name with the very
special (and off-limits when mom is not with you) permanent marker.

 This next picture I need to explain.  Today they were watching a recorded tv program.  Well, it went off and turned into an infomercial having to do with exercise or something.  Before I realized the show was over and turned the TV off, Malachi saw men with no shirts and big muscles.  So he has been trying to show off his "muscles" all day.  Prior to this picture he flexed and asked me if I could see his bones.  He meant muscles, and I didn't have the heart to tell him that bones was all I really saw.  In this picture he is really proud of his big "muscle" that is popping out.  Again, I just couldn't burst his bubble.  
Thankful today that God's grace is sufficient and His power is made perfect in all my weaknesses.

2 comments:

Andi said...

I love the muscles!! I am so glad that you are back to blogging :) Love watching these kiddos grow up! (even if it is from a far)

The Wilson Family said...

Not too, too far away now! I'm glad to be back to blogging too, means I will be keeping up with your growing family through YOUR blog!